A Health Insurance Plan helps you meet your medical expenses by offering financial assistance. It helps you keep your savings intact,which you could use in the future to materialize your dreams instead pay for medical bills. It is a financial security and also a tax savings tool as it helps you save tax upto ₹ 75,000 annually.
Types of Health Insurance
Indemnity/Base Health Insurance Plan A health insurance plan, which pays for your medical expenses related to hospitalization on the basis of medical treatment expenses, is called an indemnity plan. This plan is also referred to as the base plan and is a must-have. With Religare, my: health Suraksha is the most recommended indemnity base plan.
Top-up Health Insurance What if you have multiple health insurance plans like a personal base plan or an employee health insurance plan and wish to just get the additional sum insured at a low premium then a super top-up plan. Our my: health Medisure Super-Top up is the right top-up plan.
Lump-sum benefit based Health Insurance Plan The medical treatment cost for life-threatening diseases is way too much as one life-threatening disease is enough to shatter your life long savings. Hence, a benefit based plan pays you for critical illnesses in one go so you don’t have to make claims every time you pay for medical expenses. Get a critical illness cover to protect huge medical expenses
What are the benefits of Health insurance?
Sum insured rebound
Save Tax up to ₹ 75,000
Instant claim settlement
Cashless home health care
24x7 Customer Support
No room rent restriction
Long Term policy discount
Instant Policy Issuance
What is covered in health insurance policy?
Sum Insured Rebound
For my:health Suraksha Health Insurance an additional sum insured equivalent to the admissible claim amount upto a maximum of the basic sum insured.
Day Care Procedures
Your hospitalization lasted for just a day that doesn’t mean it remains excluded. We cover 586 day care procedures in this health insurance plan.
Before hospitalisation, there are expenses towards doctor consultations, check-ups and prescriptions. We provide full coverage of such expenses 60 days prior to hospitalisation with HDFC ERGO Health Insurance.
This health insurance plan offers full coverage of expenses incurred on doctor consultations, rehabilitation charges etc. till 180 days after discharge from hospital.
If any of the insured member suffers from mental illness, the expenses for hospitalization gets covered in this health insurance plan.
If your doctor recommends treatment at home, you can avail the services right at your home that too with ^^^cashless facility. Get this health insurance now.
Everything from bed-charges, nursing charges, blood tests, ICU and consultation fees gets covered effortlessly with this health insurance.
Road Ambulance Cover
This health insurance plan covers expenses for transfer from hospital to home in an ambulance (within the same city) is also covered if the insured encounters life-threatening medical emergency.
Organ Donor Expenses
For a noble deed as organ donation, HDFC ERGO Health Insurance cover the organ harvesting expenses incurred to the donor in case the insured has to undergo organ transplant.
Alternative Treatments (Non-Allopathic)
We support the healing powers of Ayurveda, Unnani, Sidha and Homeopathy treatment. No matter what type of treatment you prefer, we are always there for you in the time of need. Get this health insurance now.
This health insurance plan offers a lump sum amount of Rs.5000 as recovery benefit if hospitalization exceeds 10 continuous days so that taking care of household expenses doesn’t stress you out.
What is not included in Health Insurance Policy?
Adventure Sport injuries
Adventures can give you an adrenaline rush, but when coupled with accidents, it can be hazardous. Our health insurance plan does not cover accidents encountered while participating in adventure sports.
You might think of causing injury to your precious self, but we don’t want you to hurt yourself. Our health insurance plan does not cover self-imposed injuries.
War can be disastrous and unfortunate. However, our health insurance plan does not cover any claim that are caused due to wars.
Participation in defense operations
Our health insurance plan does not cover accidents while you are participating in defense (Army/Navy/Air Force) operations.
Venereal or Sexually transmitted diseases
We do understand the criticality of your disease. However, our health insurance plan does not cover venereal or sexually transmitted diseases.
Treatment of Obesity or Cosmetic Surgery
Treatment of obesity or cosmetic surgery is not eligible for coverage under your health insurance plan .
Save Tax with Health Insurance
Tax deduction based on medical insurance premium paid
Under Section 80D, you can get a deduction of up to Rs. 25,000 per budgetary year for medical insurance premium. The premium paid for a health insurance plan can be for you, your spouse, and dependent children. If you or your spouse is a senior citizen, then this limit can go up to Rs. 50,000.
Deduction on preventive health check-ups
You can also claim tax benefits on preventive health check-ups annually under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act. You can claim up to INR 5,000 every budgetary year as expenses incurred for preventive health check-ups.
Deduction on medical insurance premium payment for parents
If you are paying medical insurance premium for guardians then you can also claim an additional deduction of up to INR 25,000 every budgetary year. If your parents or either of them is a senior citizen, then this limit can go up to INR 30,000.
6 Reasons to buy Health Insurance
1. Lifestyle Diseases: Stress, pollution, unhealthy eating habits, gadget addiction, and undisciplined lives have made lifestyle diseases widespread. It’s important to buy a health insurance plan to tackle medical expenses rising due to lifestyle issues.
2. Inadequate insurance: Do you think you are securely covered under one insurance policy against all threats? Be informed that your employee health cover may prove insufficient. These days medical science has advanced hence it’s important to get the higher sum insured health plans.
3. Beat medical inflation: The cost of medical treatment in India is always on the rise. Funding medical expenses on your own will lead to financial loss hence it’s important to buy a health insurance plan to beat the medical inflation.
4. Big Savings: Avail discounts on paying for 2/3 years policy tenure, also buying insurance policy for more than 2 family members on individual sum insured basis can fetch you more discounts. Be a smart insured and keep looking for long term discounts and save your premiums.
5. Early Decision: Getting insurance early has innumerable benefits right from lower premiums to wider coverage options. With less probability of having existing health conditions, you get the benefit of lower premium while buying a policy.
6. Tax Savings: Insurance is a tax saving instrument. Enjoy up to ^^Rs.75, 000 Tax savings annually under section 80D with health insurance plans. Isn’t it amazing? You can save tax and secure your health too.